Lunar

Saturday, January 14, 2017


DRESS: c/o Samantha Pleet *

Happy 2017! I had planned on posting before this point, but the past two weeks really threw a lot my way - which is one of the reasons why Mermaidens is so invaluable to me. It is incredibly cathartic to synthesize everything I'm loving at that moment into photo series - and this was something that had been swirling around in my head for a while!

Last year one of my most favorite posts I did was featuring a huge moon - so I wanted to do a sequel in a way and play with a moon motif. Inspiration struck via a Christian Dior runway show circa Spring 2011 and from a dress by one of my all time favorite designers, Samantha Pleet! This exquisite little silk number reminds me of clouds, moons, and pierrot. I love the dainty collar, scallops, and of course, the two tone details!







10 comments:

  1. You are really cute in this Arlequin dress °^°

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous on you! Not many people could pull off this look, but you look stunning.

    Xoxo, Hannah
    www.theroadtohannah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this concept. And that dress <33
    Hope you're doing well. Happy new year!!

    Coco | The Beauty Milk

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORE these images & that dress is so magical on you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely and beautiful. The look is dreamy!
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  6. That third photo is gorgeous, it looks so dreamy! But you ALWAYS look totally dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these and I love how you always put so much work into your photos! I've always loved those intentionally blurry Lula kind of photos but have always felt like mine would look like they were just blurry instead of beautiful, haha. you 100% succeeded though and that's probably my favourite shot! :)

    littlehenrylee.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos never fail to amaze me! I love how you used the moon in these ones ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I read (and cherish!) each and every comment, and respond to questions either via email or twitter (to make sure you see them!) ♡

Mermaidens - Musings of a Modern Mermaid ©2011-2014 All rights reserved
Portrait in Header Illustration by Sibylline Meynet designed by Designs Blue Moon